When I first started dating hubs, he ordered a gigantic tub of popcorn with a diet coke whenever we went to the movies. It never really occurred to me that it’s considered a seasonal item since they’re a staple at theaters. But the 133 million hit under the google search “popcorn holiday” just tells me that I was out of the loop. Anywho, it inspired me to share some of the commercial popcorn photography I’ve done during this holiday season.
Seasonal promotional are starting up and quickly noticed popcorn as a reoccurring item. After making a couple of batches for photo and “research”, ok eating purposes, I’ve come to some conclusions:
- They’re an awesome vessel for flavor.
- Flavors can range from sweet, savory, spicy, buttery, all the good adjectives!
- Popcorn’s making a come back. I see bags of them all over the place like Skinny pop.
- I was a bit hesitant make this on the stove but it was oh so easy following this gem of an article.
- A pound of popcorn from the bulk isle goes a long way. We’ve already had two big batches, with enough for maybe one slightly small batch. Half a pound is good if you just want to try it out.
I teamed up with Heather from the Allspicery again to shoot her Popcorn Sampler!
It comes with adorable little jars of flavor. It comes with a wide range of spices all from her store in Downtown Sacramento! This particular set comes with eight spices: Bacon Smoked Sea Salt, Black Truffle Salt, Maple Syrup Granules, Shichimi Togarashi, Vinegar Powder, Za’atar.
If you’re wanting the pre-made deliciousness, the CC Made Artisanal Caramel Corn is one of the best things I’ve eaten. I had the gingerbread and Pumpkin seeds flavor! Completely delicious! You really can’t go wrong with either of these!
I was introduced to this product from the Fall Harvest Poppy and Oaks box! It’s such a pleasure to help support other awesome local women entrepreneurs!
Popcorn is a delicious holiday item but can be enjoyed all year around.
There are awesome local lady entrepreneurs you can support by eating popcorn.
The flavor combinations are limitless! I made bacon salt + cheese popcorn before writing this. I quickly processed some parmesan cheese I had in the fridge. FYI: that the flavorings will settle to the bottom so you’ve gotta get in there with the mixing!
Do you have a favorite popcorn memory? Let me know in the comments!
Other Similar Links: